Technically speaking a Landing Page is any entry page that a customer could land on when first visiting a website.
However, when referring to Landing Pages in the context of Advertising and Marketing it is more common for Landing Pages to refer to a single standalone web page that has a single focus.
Typically Landing Pages will have one of two objectives:
- Lead Generation - via phone calls or web form submission.
- Click Through - to sell a specific product, service, or offer before landing the visitor deeper within your sales funnel.
A great Landing Page will have:
- A single focused Objective.
- A single prominent Call to Action (CTA).
- No distractions (including main site navigation).
- Measurement embedded to allow ongoing optimisation.
- For lead generation pages - a short and sweet form asking for the absolute minimum information.