- Let’s start by clicking on the ‘Google Advertising’ tab.
- If you are currently not using paid Google Advertising, you will not have this tab (you can skip straight to Part 4 - Google Analytics). If you are interested in getting set up on Google Advertising - click your business details on the top right toolbar, and then select ‘Connected Channels’.
- When you click on the ‘Google Advertising’ tab in Your Business page, you will see an overview of your ‘Google Adwords - Search Network Analytics’. These numbers breakdown the Cost vs Success of your Google Advertising over the time period you have chosen to view. Let’s have a look at these in more detail.
Total Impressions - how many times one of your ads has been visible when a potential customer conducts a Google search using your Adwords.
Total Clicks - of these impressions, how many times did someone actually click on one of your ads to go through to your website.
Average Click Through Rate - the percentage of people that click on your ad after it becomes visible in one of their Google searches - sub 2% is a ‘normal’ rate for most businesses.
Total Conversions - of the money you have invested in the Ad Campaign, and how many Clicks this resulted in, how many people actually showed interest or attempted to make contact with you.
Average Position - this relates to how far down the list of results you are ranked in a relevant Google search compared to your competitors. A score of 4 or less is ideal.
Average Cost Per Click - how much in $ that each Ad Click is costing you from your Total Campaign Spend.
Cost Per Conversion - this is how much each of your conversions (potential customers) have cost per person in relation to your total Campaign Spend.
Total Impression Share - when a potential customer conducts a Google search using some of your keywords - this is the % of time that one of your ads will be visible to them. A score of 75% or higher is ideal.
Total Cost - the total spend of your Google Adwords/Keywords Campaign.
- Continue to scroll down the page to see a list of any historic Google Adwords Campaigns below (this will only be visible if you have had previous Adword Campaigns, and is where you can access these reports.
- If you have invested in Google Display (Banner) advertising, you will have the option to continue to scroll down the page, to view ‘Google Adwords - Display Analytics’ the same analytics as described above, in relation to your separate Display Campaign.